There are a few additions to our events calendar and I thought an email might be helpful to keep us all on the same page! Much of this information was forwarded to our teaching team on Monday, so apologies for the short notice. Please let me know if you have any questions!
- We will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America next week (March 4th-8th).
A special event committee received Director approval for a daily dress-up theme. I will be sending students home with a copy of that flyer and the daily themes (also attached to this message).
- Next week's Read Across America celebration will come with some surprise goodies and classroom contests.
The event committee also received approval to hold a small fundraiser to help with added event costs, prizes and such.
This fundraiser will be a FREE DRESS DAY on Friday, March 1st. Each student that chooses to wear jeans will be charged $1 (to be collected by me on Friday morning).
- Our class has been invited to visit the Scholastic Book Fair in-person on Wednesday afternoon. If you would like your student to make a purchase, please send cash in a sealed envelope or baggie. Please also let me know by responding to this email, so that I can help students stay organized and make their purchases in an organized manner.
- We were also recently informed that LifeTouch will be offering individual Kindergarten Graduate Photos in a graduation cap and gown on March 6th. If you'd like your student to be photographed, please return the ordering form sent home with students yesterday. You can also order online: mylifetouch.com (School Picture ID# SR468205Q0)
- Finally, if you have not already done so, please be sure to submit signed permission slips for our last two Kindergarten Field Trips.