Our first progress reports of the year were sent home with students today! To help you better understand the information contained therein, I'd like to share a few quick notes.
- Printing of reports was delayed across campus. It is important to note that the data shared was current as of Monday, Aug. 29th. We are growing and improving every day!
- We utilize standards-based grading and your student's progress within each standard will be reported as F (Falling below the standard), A (Approaching the standard), M (Meeting the standard) or E (Exceeding the standard).
- The progress report does present the average score across each content area and does have a signature line. Please sign and return this first page as soon as possible.
- I understand that these F-A-M-E averages can be difficult to interpret. For this reason, I attached the individualized reports for each content area that will provide you with a complete list of our academic standards for the entire quarter.
- At this point in the year, several standards are very new to our students and we are still working towards meeting or achieving mastery. If you find that your student is Approaching or Falling Below a standard, those are areas you should focus on when working together at home. We will continue working on ALL standards until your student has demonstrated mastery and the readiness to move on. Therefore, you will see the very same standards listed at the end of the quarter.
- There are also several standards that we have only just begun working on. For those, data or evidence of learning may not yet be recorded, so the "grade" column will be blank. We expect to see continued growth in those areas and a grade will be recorded at the end of the quarter.
- Please let me know if you have any questions.