I can hardly believe that we are now in the month of May! With just under four weeks left of instruction in the academic year, it is sure to be a rigorous and fast-paced month.
To those of you that were able to attend an ILP meeting to discuss your student’s progress and first grade readiness – THANK YOU!
For those of you unable to attend, please check your student’s backpack for a manila envelope containing important documents. Your signature is required, acknowledging the ILP goals set forth.
Below are upcoming events and what you need to know! Stay tuned!
:) Mrs. Davis
What YOU Need To Know to SURVIVE the Month of May in Kindergarten!
Friday May 8th, 7:15-8:15am - "Muffins with Mom” & "Doughnuts with Dad!"
In honor of Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, we invite you to stop by before school to share a sweet treat before you’re off to work!
Monday, May 11th - Last week of Homework and “Raising a Reader” Book Bags
Thursday, May 21st, 5:00-6:00pm - Kindergarten Summative (Open House)
This is an opportunity for students to showcase their work! Your family is invited to visit the classroom to see what we’ve been up to!
May 25th - No School, in observance of Memorial Day
May 26th, 1:30pm - Elementary School Spring Music Concert
May 28th, 2:00-3:00pm - End-of-Year Awards Assembly
May 29th, 9:00am - Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony & Last Day of School
* Event Invitations will be prepared by students and sent home this week. Please share with extended family! The more, the merrier!
* Students may dress in formal attire (think church or wedding attire). Uniforms not required.
* Please drop your student off for normal school day start-time, and make your way to the Auditorium for our special ceremony!
* Our class will prepare and enter the Auditorium together. It is very important that you find your seats early to prepare for our entrance.
* After the presentation of certificates, students will exit backstage and be escorted back to our classroom.
* Our School Director will make closing remarks and excuse you from the Auditorium at the conclusion of the program.
* Please visit our classroom to pick up your graduate, collect all personal belongings and sign-out for the day!
* We expect to finish our day by 10:30am, so signing out with your teacher will be required for all kindergartners.
* After signing out, make your way to the Cafeteria for refreshments and friendly goodbyes!